Friday, September 6, 2013

Question to any readers I have. Would you like to see game reviews here?

Okay, fans...all...five of them, yes I'm kidding, relax, I've been thinking alot about games lately.  And not in the brain hurtey editorial meat grinder way where all I do is grouse about the video game industry and how much it was so much better when I was a kid.  More specifically, I've been thinking about individual games.  Games I'd love to spotlight, for good or for ill, and remembering my days of freelance review work.

No doubt fans of my blog have had it made clear that, while I recognize Splatterhouse's flaws, I love the game itself.  I'd love to get a chance to explain that and to actually show the audience that, even if it is shite, you can still enjoy it more than say, Fuse which I am thunderstruck was made by the sacred studio that Spyro and Ratchet built.  More than just defending games though, I'd kinda like to sit down and explain why a game may not work for some, but might work for others.  I did not like Bioshock Infinite.  However, I recognize that it's a damn fine game.  There are problems, certainly, but a lot of people enjoyed it and I do understand why.

Now, here's the kicker.  I want feedback.  Anyone who thinks that might be cool or who might want to hear my opinions, god help you, I'd like to hear a yay or nay in the comments.  I mean, I've got a full plate already, but I can bust out a review pretty easily if it's not as polished as my other posts.  But I didn't envision this blog as doing that.  It's a commentary on the good, the bad, and the future of the games industry.  So...if you want reviews, let out a shout, otherwise I may just squelch the urge to start writing them up again.

Please, leave a message in the comments if you'd like to see some written reviews or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment